Welcome to Hellertime!

My name is Zach Heller. You have stumbled across an area of the internet dedicated to anything and everything going on in my mind. I hope you are here because you want to be and not by accident, but all are welcome to check out what's going on. Take some time out of your busy day to see what I have to say, I think you'll enjoy your stay...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Super-Computer-Organism-Things

The transformation has begun. Truth is, it began a long time ago. Man is slowly becoming more and more like machine. And in the same way, machines are becoming more and more human. It's scary, but at the same time it gives a lot of hope. The movies that depict humanistic machines (Terminator and I Robot, to name a few) may not have been far off predictions of the future. Just yesterday, a man who had is arm blown off in Iraq showed off his brand new Bionic arm that allows him to function nearer to normal than could ever have been expected. It's truly an amazing feat. But that is just the beginning. Soon, more and more parts of the body will be replaceable or fixable using machines that interact with our innermost workings. Man and computer will combine to form an organism so powerful that it is not crazy to think we may be able to live forever. What once seemed science fiction is coming true right before our very eyes. What will come next...

Some interesting and related links:
Bionic Boom - Body Parts Created in the Lab
Can Robots Become Conscious
The Bionic Body - How Stuff Works

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.